2011-04-11

WebGL - I hate chrome

Try out webgl: (you should click the "load" button, and see "Blender", a blue sphere, a red pyramid, in a room.)

Try it now!

Current test as a local zip: 
http://www.gocaco.com/webgl/test1/Test.zip
Current TED exporter:
http://www.gocaco.com/webgl/igtl_export_ted.py

I attempted to test it on Chrome, and after instantly hating chrome, which is severely lacking in features, performance, and stability (as advertised. huh.); It's also missing most all my usual tools that are cleanly implemented in firefox. Chrome is no competition, minus it's nifty threading of scripts. Seems like good ole' google is becoming exactly like microsoft, pointing to the ultimate downfall of all software based empires. It's simply evolutionary that we continually kill off good products with lawsuits, antitrust and other money sucking schemes which hurts everyone because they then have to side with more evil tactics (like online installation, automatic updates, spyware, ads, ect...) just to survive. So long as money is required for software, this will occur.

Anyways, to get chrome to even work, I had to add these three lines to the command console, which I highly recommend NOT adding the last one, the "--allow-file-access-from-files" because that one should only be true for offline files.

"--ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-webgl --allow-file-access-from-files"

 Interesting note, firefox understands that a local file has a local domain of "./" and can pull things from it. It has no problem. Chrome says this is a cross domain error, when it clearly pulled the file from "./" and then decides it's cross domain because it has a "file://" prefix? No sense there. How about asking me you stupid %@(& browser? And I'll say "get as pure text only." and I'll force a MIME type of text/xml. Then everyone wins right?

Ugh. whatever. Fuck chrome. Though, I suppose getting firefox to use webgl is hard too.

-Z

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont you have more productive things to do than complain about a free product?

Typhox said...

"How about asking me you stupid %@(& browser?"
That's my favourite part :)
I'm actually thinking this quite often^^