2008-08-01

Anrgy post; Irrelevant technical content

Lots of craziness, well let's just list it:

The bank I am using for a home loan is giving me a 6.00% APR excluding PMI costs (PMI costs only affect the loan if you put less than a specific percent down, aka 20%). It is a 15 year fixed rate, so my monthly payments were estimated to be ~1200 a month. On a 120,000 loan (for a nice house!)

I looked at about 44 some houses in two days, sorted them all out by preference and other criterion. Shopping for houses is superficially easy; Find one you like, THEN check it for defects that affect your offer (Like over-shingled roofing, severe cost repairs like water lines, age of house, defects in foundation, inspection violations, ect...)

My medical condition is not improving; It does not seem to be a "Duodemic ulcer" or a Hernia, in fact, it is quite random, and the only feasible explanation is maybe I somehow swallowed a toothpick or something. Except, I can't move or contort myself to generate any pain, so that's kinda out. It's always an infection.

Sickness from this disgusting medication sucks. I'm taking Protonix, which does it's job really well, lowering your stomach's pH from 1 to 4 ish.

Been learning the ropes on Tangent Space normals, Blender can generate them very well, and it is a blast to make a low poly model baked from a high poly source, allowing me to add super details like metal and rust, and dents, waves, making everything nice and shadable fun. It's great, because you can reduce complex objects into flat textures, and save both as files so you retain all the info! Best used for levels it seems, and characters, though the complexity of the shader for that one is still WIP. Hooray GLSL.

And I have until the 14th before I am evicted. Talk about short notice! Fuckers.

1 comment:

Chi said...

WTF!?!?

1) You're being evicted.
2) You're buying a dungeon.
3) You've got Weegee Cancer!
4) There are no girls on the internet!

What's going on!!!!

In a related note, I think I'm going to re-install blender when I reformat my media server. I plan to do a duel install with Kubuntu, so I can just DL it direct. I may require some tech support when restarting (just like every other time I've restarted doing blender).

Make sure you let me know if you are ever going to be out in DC or NoVA.