2009-08-16

Pics, as stated

One, we have the lovely 'Ryuou' / 'Valgirt' from Dragon Quest Swords (11k poly, 272 bones):



Two, we have the awesome robotic 'Kiryu' / 'Mechagodzilla' from Godzilla: Unleashed (6k poly, 69 bones):



These pic's don't show much except that the importing is pretty near flawless into blender, including weights and other nifty things.

Side note, I'm using the GLSL display option in blender, and have a script that converts I8A8 normal maps into RGB = XYZ normal maps, so that blender can use them in the shaders it has. Also, the light setup is a new one I'm experimenting with, that has two hemispherical lights always 180 degrees apart, but only one is applying specular components. It is similar to a ambient light, but seems to be a little nicer. Once I finish my CIE Lighting model shader, I'll try making that mess happen.

And, of course, both of these models are copyrighted to their respective owners. Go buy the damn game(1)(2) if you want them yourself!

-Z

2 comments:

SVN said...

Pretty kick ass dragon.

Imaginary Z said...

Damn straight. You should see it kill the player in game. Although, if I remember right, a 1-headed version kicked YOUR ass in DQ1. Go get revenge!