2009-01-25

Odd dream; A New Character Approaches!

Okay, so get this.

Me, mike, vanessa (sorry for sp!) and maria (again! sp!) went to a mall, it was sometime in august apparently, and we were at the beach or something. It seemed like the east coast, slightly foggy, the air was humid, enough to make you have trouble breathing. It was warm though, upper seventies.
This being another odd dream of mine, zombies happen. Not normal zombies, just mutated dead people that seemed to be afraid of light. So, we all stick together, watch some people get mauled/eaten, and find that if we stay in the light, they don't attack us. After moving slowly down into the depths of the mall, we find a Foley's or some department store, which is WELL lit, and get everyone in there and barricade the hell out of it (notice those places are well defended? neat.). There were lots of other people with us, but I for some reason had a sawed off double barreled shotgun that I pulled out of nowhere, and went to go see these zombies. Of course, this is a day or two later, and the zombies had upgraded to RE-type monsters, like those damned hunters or whatever. Oddly though, as soon as I left the store, they didn't even get close to me, they were afraid of my presence, as if I was one of their leaders. They would approach, snarling, dripping blood and fleshy bits from gnarled stained teeth, glistened over with some sort of slime like a fish, making low gurgling, growling noises, yet only strafing in a circle around me, keeping at least 20 feet from my center. I could move at them. and they would jump back in fright. It was a rather empowering feeling, but right then things began to change.
I was more myself (as in, me the fantasy character, Z) and I could sense it, as if my arch nemesis was going to appear and we would fight to the death.
But this was new. some lacky, who looked like the bond from that new blonde movie (screw that) came at me and talked some shit like "master is going to kill you!", walking around like a zombie igor, but not showing any signs of zombification. Of course, as I walked out to this shipyard/gantry, I saw my foe at the end of the tunnel, the lackey running back to report.
Time froze as we both gave eachother that anime eye-stare, piercing and gauging who would die first. Of course, like any popular anime, the outcome is even, in order to create suspense.
It said only one sentence as I approached.
"I am here to avenge your Brother. *evil laugh*"
Now, if you know any of my villians, like Mr "S" and ect... then you know that this all-black satin mime-style creep is kinda odd. He looked feminine, but had a male voice, somewhat androgynous, but wore a black trenchcoat that seemed like leather, but it was fuzzy so it had a matte finish. It was loose, but belted around the odd garb of that solid black one-piece suit, like an acrobat from Cirque de Solie (sp?), and had a scepter that was tiny in the right hand, a floaty demeanor, and his face, was generic. But, it had white diamonds on the eyes like a mime, but no face paint so you could see flesh color. It also wore a hat over black hair that was like a jesters cap. The trenchcoat had a larger than normal collar, and this thing looked ridiculous. My brother would kill fools like this, not hire them to avenge.
Either way, since now it was determined this was to be a Viewtiful Joe style endurance fight with DBZ elements, the camera switches to game mode, and I get a third person view and begin to play the game.
We both had the same amount of health, and were both insanely tough, so, it was kinda crazy. We both had the same abilities, like shoryuken (fire-dragon punch), this wind-dragon-tornado-hadoken style move, lightning blasts, ice missiles, and I had my wristbands as a physical weapon, this joker had that scepter, and there were plenty of generic kung fu moves. We were both ultra strong, so we could lift tons of mass and chunk em at eachother.
So, I dashed forward, and attacked, it laughed and began toying with me, copying my moves like shadow link, intermittently using a weird crystal move that made these hollow diamonds appear in random places, which then fired quickly at where you were going, forcing you to dance and dodge, but you always took a lot of hits.
So, I learned it' patterns, and got my first hit in after it uses dragon-fire-wave-bullshit, slide kicking through it with an ice attack then using my wristband powered selfe (slow zoom punches + spin kick + uppercut) to inflict almost a 1/2 healthbar (but we each had 12 full healthbars) . then it jumped back, threw shit at me like giant metal cylinders, I used wind attack to move them slightly ot the side, and then we started hadoken-ing our way to victory, blast after blast, but it used the crystal move and I rolled under that fucker and made him get hit with his own attack, then he whipped around trying to backblow me but I shoved a steel pipe through his chest, which barely did any damage so he yanked it out and threw it away.
The beatings continued, some dark matter gravity-beetle style attacks, and some environmental hazards (that idiot got close to the floor where a giant worm was (wtf?) so I knew it by name and called it, it ate the fucker, but well, that did MAYBE 1/10th a bar of damage, before it killed the worm and tried more crystal bullshit. the entire gantry was sinking apparently, so water was slowly filling our arena.
However, during the fight, this was probably the 10th time I got in close and just kicked the shit out of him with 10+ hit combos via wristband, I just woke up cause I had my 8 hours of sleep.

which sucked, because this was a worthy opponent, and although I was toying with him, it was a good fight, and for being a goofy looking mofo, it was surprisingly fair. No cheap insta-death moves (and yes, if you get eaten in any of my games, it's usually not instantly fatal. Just dodge teeth!) or annoying finishers like "skull pop" or my favorite "hand-through-sternum".

Actually, there were lots of normally fatal to humans moves delivered, like axes kicks, nose-into-brain punches, hands and fists breaking ribcages. But we weren't human, we were videogame characters in a false representation of the real fight. So anything was possible.

All I wanted to do was use my summon and end the fight, but mimeclown was too quick for me to pull it off. Oh well.

Someday, I need to get screencap for my brain.

-Z

1 comment:

Brien said...

Oh shit! The wristband! I forgot about that.

Damn Lane.