2008-12-22

iPhone continues next year

Well, here are some screenshots from nonsense I'm testing.

These screenshots in no way reflect on any performance limits, SDK artifacts or in fact, ANY technical details about the iPhone whatsoever. In fact, I implemented ALL of these in SDL with C++ before putting them on the iPhone.

Point is, pictures that prove I can load models and scenes into my phone:


This was from 'YoBro', a blender game I played with. You can see that some of the nodes are missing, because I haven't put in correct parenting in my node tree, so it drops em. That kinda looks like a taurus, right?

Hey look, it's me in the iPhone!
Adventure clone without textures is lame. But, it's nice to see that the iPhone can handle 1000's of nodes.This is a poly-reduction of 'Delgadosaurus', a free poser model out there if you go looking; forgot the guy's name who made it, but cred to him! (will get ref eventually)

This is a bomberfan level, at a better angle.

This is one of the spaceships from GSS6, the cool part is it has the interior modeled, so you can actually fly/walk around the decks, crew quarters and sit at the bridge.
This is the classic 'dancing lizards' scene from an odd angle, I probably should have found the shotgun and taken a picture of that. But you can see nodes!


This is the classic 'Saurosaur' in 3D from one of my older games noone ever saw, and for good reason! It's a fully articulated model, but that's for later, right? Point is, it looks alright, and was quick to draw, which is interesting!

and OMG, bomberfan is stuck in the floor because I didn;t have the time to add in the node-parenting system like in FrameGL2! Dammit. Point is, his level works great.

So, textures to add; better node system, and then I'll be just about the the point I want to be at in terms of graphical powers.

Here's the kicker; These files are loaded from a website, so anyone can load any file they want! Extensible iPhone games! How rawk is that?!?!!?

...apple will probably shit a brick, good thing I can defend it:
1. All loaded data (external data) must fit a size maximum constraint (1MB)
2. All loaded data (external data) MUST be interpreted, and cannot be directly copied (IE instead of float memcpy, you have to: x = *(float*)data; along with brutally slow size checks
Files may be only ASCII in the future to enforce safe non-hacking conventions (you can;'t break it if there's nothign to break!)

Ah well.

c'yall later!

2 comments:

Chi said...

http://anaheimmachines.blogspot.com/

Holy crap check out this guy's blog....

jwgibbo said...

I expect to be playing iLane by 2010.