2008-09-01

Potential Rift in Chaos

I may close on my house tomorrow.

This means I may vanish for a month.

Do not read the below if you are squeamish.

...


So, I was cleaning my house. Well, it's not technically *my* house yet, but my Realtor gave me the thumbs up to go ahead and clean it as much as I could without doing any damage to the home. So naturally, I get a steam cleaner, a 50$ in chemicals, and two 75$ bottles of 'MadaCide' which you normal mortals can't buy. So we clean. And we clean.
There are three primary spots; Two of them are catheter bags that had leaked onto the floor, the urine itself when pulled up contained blood (brownish color) and was pretty odoriferous. One of the stains was insanely large and did contain feces/sediment from some other type of accident, partly bloody too. I didn't care too much, we used the steam cleaner dozens of times, pulling up more and more urine each time. It must have soaked all the way into the pad, so I eventually conceded defeat, and rented my RugDoctor for 25$ for 24 hours, and bought 4 bottles, 2 of pet odor and stain, 1 odor and soil, and one regular cleaner. We went over each spot almost 5 times with that doctor, each time was less and less bloody, and the smell was eventually going away.
So, after playing with urine for hours, we eventually just doctored the entire carpet and moved on. We had tag-team going, so it went quick, we got most of the spiders, webs, and bugs out of the house, and it actually began to feel more movable. Though, I only worry about termites now...

3 comments:

Kelroy said...

Man Lane, it sounds like you had more bloody catheter bags than my birthday party.

jwgibbo said...

Although this post made me vomit blood out my eyes, I will say this is a healthy length for a post.

Now, for the real question: PICS! WHERE ARE THE PICS!?! I want pee blood party pics!

Brien said...

Yes, this event does seem to warrant pics.