2008-07-06

More Adventure Nonsense

Well, I was sick and got bit by a pretty nasty spider (brown recluse most likely), so I was sick all this week. And still am, a bit.

But! It gave me a lot of time to acquaint myself with my porcelain god, and contemplate my career decisions. In fact, if a little bitty itsy teensy spider can kill me, I might as well do what I like. So I'm changing jobs.

On the other note, I certainly played with the blender game engine a whole lot, trying a lot of things, until I remembered I'd better look at the sourcecode to make sure I wasn't shooting myself in the foot with a shotgun. Turns out, I was, and "reinstancePhysicsMesh" from the python docs for the blender game engine does this:

void * reinstancePhysicsMesh(){
return 0; //Oh yeah, we didn't implement this. Who uses this anyways?
}

Needless to say, I was a little miffed, but I'll write a patch and submit it. I'm probably the only wingnut who wants to make a model and a low polygon shell so I can put other physical objects on/in/around it (making a 3D adventure transition a little less painful...)

Either way, I'll be using my temp server to post content. Here's a screenshot of the original Adventure maze traced out, (thanks Warren Robinett!) along with the current (revision 6) of the game itself. Yes, the dragon is quite animated, but I'm redoing how I handle everything to make it much more flexible. ...(link removed 2009-11)


 Peace out!

-ImaginaryZ

No comments: